Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to involve an expensive 6-course meal at a Michelin-star restaurant. The most important part of the holiday is celebrating love and friendship; and why not do so from the comfort of your own home? After all, they do say “home is where the heart is.” We’ve come up with a romantic, budget-friendly date night list of ideas to help make your Valentine feel loved. Best part? The work is already done so you can put your plan into action in no time. Get comfy, set the scene and create a night to remember – without all the fuss.
- Get Toasty: Set the mood with a cozy fireplace to snuggle up to. Don’t worry, if you don’t have a fireplace, check out Netflix’s Fireplace For Your Home to get the same vibe going.
- Create the Ambiance: There’s just something about the flicker of candlelight during romantic nights. Lighting a candle will surely elevate the ambiance further - If you don’t have a signature scent for special occasions, we love the Baies (Berries) and Roses Duo.
- Set the Tone: Play a romantic playlist to get in the feels. This Romantic Date Night playlist on Spotify features both classics and modern songs to slow dance or show off your moves. Not feeling like a dancing queen? It’s also great to have as background music.
- Make it Count: Now that you’ve set the mood, hit the “Do Not Disturb” button and put your phone away to allow yourself to be fully present in the moment. For extra self-control, you can use this Phone Lock Box. No excuses!
- Skin Care: Take a moment for some self-care. Our Bright Eyes Gels are a girl’s (and guy’s) best friend. This late-night beauty hack helps depuff, brighten and reduce the appearance of undereye circles in minutes.
- Mix it Up: A fun cocktail is always a good idea. If you’re doing dry January, this recipe can also be turned into a mocktail (and it’s delish).
- Get Deep: After you’ve popped the bubbly, it’s time to get the deep convos going with this intimate card game. How well do you know your partner? Whether you’re about to become “official” or you’ve been together through it all, the We’re Not Really Strangers Couples Edition Card Game is meant to spark questions and show how well you already know each other while digging deeper into the layers you hadn’t discovered yet.
- Dinner Time: The Rubirosa Pasta & Vodka Sauce kit brings everything you need to cook up the perfect date night meal. Featuring beloved NYC neighborhood restaurant Rubirosa's famous vodka sauce, you don’t have to be in the Big Apple to enjoy their signature mouthwatering dish.
Not sure what to get that special someone? Here are our top Valentine’s Day gift ideas.
- GLOfacial Hydration Facial Tool - Elevate your significant other’s "me-time" with BeautyBio’s award-winning hydro-infusion pore cleansing tool. Give the gift of unlimited at-home hydration facials to help them achieve their skin goals with vortex-vacuum tech that gently extracts impurities and infuses proprietary skincare to achieve a healthy, hydrated glow.
- Fresh Sends The Valentine’s Day Send - Fresh blooms and chocolate? We don’t know a better duo. This carefully curated bouquet of flowers comes beautifully packaged with a personalized, handwritten note.
- SKIMS Soft Lounge Robe - Perfect for lounging, this robe is super soft and comfy. Plus, their limited-edition cherry blossom print exclusively designed for SKIM’s Valentine’s collection is SO cute.
- Ladurée Eugénie Gift Box - Laudurée is world-famous for its high-end pastries and exquisite macarons. If you haven’t heard about their iconic Eugénie, this is your chance to surprise that foodie in your life. A crunchy chocolate shell, a melting heart, and a shortbread cookie in 12 of their signature flavors, beautifully wrapped in a delicate gift box. Need we say more?
- TRUFF Variety Pack - Spice things up and transform his daily recipes into mouth-watering meals with sophisticated truffle hot sauces. These delicious bold flavors will become a pantry staple for anyone’s kitchen, without a doubt.
- Yeti Cocktail Shaker - The ultimate cocktail shaker that allows him to take his mixology skills everywhere he goes. To make it extra special, you can get it personalized by adding text or monogram.
- SALT & STONE Body Wash - The man in your life also deserves self-care. This refreshing gel body cleanser packed with antioxidants, ocean botanicals and notes of Bergamot and Hinoki moisturizes and helps restore the effects of outdoor activities.
- Lululemon ABC Jogger - Comfort meets fashion with these street-style joggers. Available in a range of different neutral colors, these will become his go-to work-from-home or Sunday-evening errands fit.