THIS ARTICLE REFERENCES THESE PRODUCTS
By now you’ve more than likely been introduced to facial rollers. There’s a plethora out there and more stones entering this niche, but exploding, market every day from rose quartz, to jade, amethyst, malachite and opal. Whether you’ve learned of them from a friend or family member who swears by their restorative, healing properties or seen pictures of them in use on your favorite beauty blogger’s website, you’re probably curious about them. What exactly do they do and are the claims real or just hype? Are rose quartz face rollers better than other mineral stone rollers? Are they safe and effective for everyone? These are all legitimate questions, and we’ve got your answers. Consider us your rose quartz rolling guide; we’re covering the basics, relaying the benefits and how best to use it in your own personal skincare and beauty regimen.
What is a Rose Quartz Face Roller?
If you’re just joining the party, you first need to know what a rose quartz face roller even is. Essentially, any face roller is basically some type of stone or material that rolls like a rolling pin attached to a handle. The roller can be made from a variety of stones or in some cases, glass or plastic. Rose quartz is the most popular facial roller because it contains inherent minerals beneficial to the skin and keeps a consistently cool temperature during use.
Rose quartz face rollers are facial rollers that contain a solid rose quartz stone. BeautyBio’s Rose Quartz Roller is made with a 100% solid Brazilian rose quartz, ensuring you receive maximum mineral benefit from your roller. Users glide the Rose Quartz Roller over their face to help remove toxins, reduce inflammation, lessen the appearance fine lines and wrinkles, contour their skin and bring about an overall sense of health and wellbeing.
What are Some of the Benefits of Using a Rose Quartz Face Roller?
A facial roller is a beauty tool that has been used since the early 17th century. Women used facial rollers to help detoxify their skin and eliminate the appearance of puffiness under the eyes. Today, we can enjoy these same benefits, and we’ve discovered even more uses.
1. One of the biggest benefits of using a rose quartz face roller is the ability to virtually eliminate under-eye bags and puffiness for good. How does it work? The roller stimulates the lymphatic system by activating the lymph nodes located under the eyes and helping them to drain effectively. When the lymph nodes drain effectively, toxins are removed from the skin, and excess fluid is carried out with it. The result is eyes that look awake and refreshed, never puffy, baggy or tired. You can use your roller under your eyes daily to get these benefits.
2. Not only do rose quartz face rollers help eliminate toxins under the eyes, but they also help eliminate toxins all over your face, jawline, and neck to even out skin tone and more. Your face and neck are filled with tiny, bean-like structures called lymph nodes. These structures filter out toxins and pollutants from the skin. When the skin pushes out toxins and pollutants, it’s generally firmer, smoother and has an all-over healthier glow.
3. Rose quartz face rollers help you get the most from serums and moisturizers. Users love applying their favorite creams and serums with their facial rollers. Not only do you typically use less product, but the rose quartz roller massages the product deep into skin and seals in the product for maximum benefit. You’ll experience a deeper level of product performance simply by applying your fave skincare, then rolling the rose quartz roller all over your face. Plus, who doesn't love a gentle facial massage!
How to Use a Rose Quartz Face Roller
Just when can you use a rose quartz face roller and how do you even use it? Glad you asked. Using the facial roller is simple:
- Start with clean skin that has been patted dry.
- Apply a high quality, all-natural face oil or serum (need a rec?)
- Roll the wide end of the roller in upward and outward strokes on your face, neck, décolleté, and even on sore muscles. The narrow side of the rose quartz roller should be used on more delicate areas like above and below your eyes, also in outward and slightly upward stroking motions.
- Next, roll your skin until product has fully absorbed (or for as long as you want a relaxing facial massage)
- Clean your rose quartz face roller by wiping it with a damp cloth and storing it in a cool, dry place.
You can use your rose quartz facial roller AM and PM, but for an extra energizing massage, store it in the refrigerator. One of the most desirable features of a rose quartz face roller is the stone’s ability to keep a cool temperature, even when applied to warm skin. Intensifying this effect by placing the roller in the refrigerator allows for a heightened, spa-level experience.
Rose Quartz Face Rollers for Sore Muscles
A rose quartz face roller isn’t just for your face and neck. You can also use this roller on sore muscles. Many users have experienced relief for sore muscles and aching tendons by rolling after a workout, or in between exercise. This is a great, all-natural way to relieve muscle tension and joint pain without medication. You can even use a pain-relieving oil along with the roller for deeper relief. Again, the sensation is maximized if you store the roller in the refrigerator prior to use.
Rose Quartz Face Rollers for Headache Pain
Although you won’t get a prescription for it from your doctor, you’ll find more and more people using rose quartz face rollers to treat headache pain. Some users even report they’ve successfully treated migraine pain with their rollers. Used across the forehead and massaged onto the temples, the cooling rose quartz stone delivers increased circulation and blood flow to the head and some believe this alleviates pressure and tension. You can also use the roller on your sinus cavities (located on your cheeks along your nose and above your mouth) to help eliminate sinus pressure and congestion.
Rose quartz face rollers are an excellent addition to any beauty and/or skincare routine. They are completely safe and easy to use, require little upkeep, and deliver benefits that range from relaxation to elimination of under-eye puffiness. With the ability to use them in the morning or evening, and even during the day, you may want to invest in more than one rose quartz face roller; one for home, one for the office or your gym bag. Additionally, you can supercharge your favorite facial oil or serum by using it along with a rose quartz face roller. By using the roller to massage the product into your skin, you ensure even product distribution, and make sure your products penetrate the skin and are fully absorbed allowing for maximum product benefit.