In recent years, the term "clean beauty" has gained significant traction in the cosmetics and skincare industry. Generally, it refers to products that are free of harmful chemicals and ingredients, providing a safer alternative for beauty lovers.
Taking a closer look at BeautyBio's commitment to clean and effective skincare, let's dig deeper into the world of clean beauty.
The Start of our Clean Beauty Obsession
Many would say the clean beauty movement started in the 1990's, but it wasn't until recently that it gained enough momentum to become the trend it is today.
For us, the journey began in 2005 in a family-owned cosmetics lab where founder, Jamie O’Banion, and her biochemist father began experimenting with higher active ingredient percentages. Their goal was to cut through industry noise and deliver results-driven skincare. It was at this time that the key philosophy behind BeautyBio began to take shape - great skincare never stops evolving.
BeautyBio & the Clean Beauty Movement
Since there is no industry-wide definition of 'clean beauty', our team never stops reevaluating formulas, even heritage formulas, to ensure they incorporate the latest technology and scientific discoveries.
All BeautyBio products are formulated without these harsh ingredients:
- Sulfates (SLS & SLES): Known to be harsh and irritating to the skin.
- Parabens: Commonly used as preservatives in makeup, parabens are known to disrupt the endocrine system.
- Formaldehyde: A known carcinogen and is linked to other health problems like asthma and neurotoxicity.
- Triclosan: Known as an endocrine disruptor, Triclosan was banned by the FDA in 2016.
- Hydroquinone: Included in many skin lightening products and is known to cause serious side effects including skin rashes, facial swelling, and ochronosis (discoloration of skin).
- Triclocarban: Studies have been unable to demonstrate that Triclocarban is safe for long-term daily use.
- Oxybenzone: In addition to potentially harming the human hormone system, Oxybenzone has been found in our oceans and is known to harm and kill coral reefs.
- No Animal Testing: We believe there is no ethical justification for using animals in testing.
Transparency is 🔑
Transparency is a key pillar for our brand. We believe that consumers have the right to know what ingredients are in the products they use on their skin. That's why we include the full ingredient list for each product on our website, along with key ingredient education to highlight their purpose and benefits.
This commitment to transparency extends beyond ingredients. We also provide information about our dedication to cruelty-free testing and manufacturing processes, as well as quality control measures.
Our Promise to You
BeautyBio has been at the forefront of the clean beauty movement since our founding. Through our commitment to clean formulas, we aim to empower you, our GLOmmunity, to make informed choices about the products you use on your skin.