Hair growth and maintaining healthy hair have been trending topics in the beauty industry for quite some time now. Whether from balding, postpartum hair loss or thinning hair due to stress, diet, etc., we have all been affected one way or another by unhealthy hair patterns. We are looking for all the tips and tricks to restoring and promoting healthier, fuller hair.
One of the most overlooked factors when it comes to hair growth is the health of your scalp. Having a healthy scalp is the foundation for producing strong, voluminous hair. Neglecting this vital truth can result in hair thinning, hair loss, breakage, or even infection.
WHY SCALP HEALTH IS IMPORTANT
Hair ages up to six years faster than skin, making it that much more important to have the foundation of a healthy scalp! The ability for the scalp to hold moisture is essential to hair growth. As the skin on our scalp ages, this becomes more difficult and can result in thinning hair or hair loss. There are many ways to prevent or reverse the effects of an unhealthy scalp, but it is important to first understand the overall health of your scalp.
KNOWING IF YOUR SCALP IS HEALTHY
Generally speaking, it is fairly simple to identify if your scalp is healthy or not. Symptoms of an unhealthy scalp may include:
- Hair loss
- Irritation or itchiness
- Extreme oil production
- Extreme dryness
- Any disruptions on the skin
If these symptoms are not treated, permanent hair loss can occur. On the other hand, an unhealthy scalp may have little to no symptoms resulting in no physical abnormalities.
4 WAYS TO PROMOTE A HEALTHY SCALP
- Did you know you can microneedle your scalp the same way that you can microneedle skin on your face or body to promote collagen production and skin cell turnover? We designed the GloPRO® Scalp Attachment for our GloPRO® At-Home Microneedling Tool that focuses specifically on reawakening dormant hair follicles and stimulating healthier, fuller hair growth. This tool targets scalp stimulation that instantly improves microcirculation to naturally encourage hair follicular activity.
- Not washing your hair often enough can result in an excessive amount of oil production leaving behind a greasy look. However, when you wash your hair too often the shampoo strips your hair of necessary oils. It is recommended to start with washing your hair 3-4x per week before making necessary adjustments to meet you individual needs.
- Dry shampoo is a revolutionary product within the beauty industry. However, there is a myth regarding the production of dry shampoo that it can’t be effective without the use of benzene, starch, and alcohol ingredients. These ingredients can be harmful to your body and cause serious health issues over time. BeautyBio’s Healthy Scalp Dry Shampoo is the first ever benzene-free, starch-free, alcohol-free formula that delivers the same just-washed volume and shine without risking your scalp health to achieve it!
- The Healthy Scalp Dry Shampoo works by deep cleaning roots and eliminating oil, leaving your hair fresh and bouncy. The cherry on top? This dry shampoo is also formulated to protect against UV rays for those with color-treated hair.
- When your hair is always parted in the same location, the same location of the scalp is constantly exposed to environmental factors such as sun exposure, contamination, and heated hair tools. These things can accelerate hair aging and cause a loss in hair density. Density is a key factor in hair growth and achieving a fuller hair look. Changing the location of the part of your hair often will help avoid this over exposure and stimulate a healthy scalp.
How are you taking care of your scalp to get that effortless, voluminous hair you have been looking for?